Joey Simmons has been involved in youth and high school coaching for 47 years. He has over 2000 wins over the span of those 47 years. He has been married for 45 years and has three children and 15 grandchildren. His select basketball success includes sixteen National Championships as well as six National Runner-up Championships and four – Final 4 finishes. In five short years of coaching high school basketball he won over 127 games, with three Final 4 appearances in the TAPPS State Finals and two Elite 8 finishes.
In 2001 his Junior Olympic team traveled to Europe, representing AAU, to compete against European Olympians. The team went 4-0 in their travels around Europe. He is presently the owner of Premier Basketball Report, a national scouting service and runs the Premier Basketball Tournaments, which includes the Heart of Texas Showcase in April and Super 64 National Championship Tournament in July. He is also formerly the Athletic Director and Girls Head Basketball Coach at St. Joseph High School in Bryan.
Joey Simmons is also on the McDonald’s All-American Committee. He is a representative for the State of Texas girls and serves on the selection committee of the McDonald’s All-American girls teams. Joey is also the Regional Director for adidas Grassroots Basketball. In just ten short years the Premier Basketball Report Scouting Service has become one of the leading scouting services in the country. Premier Basketball now is a Global Scouting Service that travels the world evaluating girls basketball.
Texas Express, Texas Elite, Team Lex adidas Basketball Club
Founder/Head Coach – AAU Girls Basketball Team – 1995-Present
- 1-time Adidas 16U Division National Champions (2019)
- 2-time Adidas JR Grassroots National Champions (2019, 2018)
- 3-time Adidas National Champions (2015, 2017, 2019)
- 1-Time Adidas National Runner-Up (2014)
- 2-Time Super 64 National Runner-Up (2017, 2013)
- 6-time Super 64 National Champions (2019, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2010)
- 5-time AAU National Champions (2004, 2004, 2003, 2002, 1998)
- 3-time AAU National Runner-ups (2002, 2001, 2000)
- 9-time AAU National Elite Eight Finalists (1998-2007)
- 12-time AAU National Sweet Sixteen Finalists (1995-2007)
- 13-time AAU National Tournament Finalists (1995-2007)
Junior Olympics Team
Head Coach – Texas Junior Olympic Team – 1999-2001
- Traveled to Europe and defeated the German, Austrian, & two Italian Olympic teams (2001)
- 1-time AAU Junior Olympic National Champions (2000)
- 1-time AAU Junior Olympic National Runner-Up (1999)
St. Joseph Catholic High School Team
Head Coach – St. Joseph Catholic High School Team –2008-present
- Tapps 3A State Final 4 – Took team to State Final 4 first year at St. Joseph (2009)
Nolan Catholic High School Team
Head Coach – Nolan Catholic High School Team –2004-2008
- Tapps 6A State Regionals – Took team to State Play-off for fourth year in a row (2008)
- Tapps 6A State Final 4 – Took team to State Final 4 for second year in a row (2007)
- Tapps 6A State Final 4 – Took team to State Final 4 in just second year at Nolan Catholic High School. School had not been to Final 4 since 1988. (2006)
- Tapps 6A State Regionals – Took team to State Regionals first year at Nolan Catholic High School (2005)
AAU and Select Basketball Leadership
- Founder and Director – Play Ball Nation Boys Basketball program (2018-present)
- Founder and Director – Attack Basketball Academy (2018-Present)
- Founder and Director – Team Lex Basketball program (2018-Present)
- Founder and Director – Texas Elite adidas Basketball Club (2011-Present)
- Founder and Director – Texas JUCO Slam Jam (2010-Present)
- Founder and Director – Heart of Texas Invitational Showcase (2000-Present)
- Founder and Director – Super 64 and Super 32 National Championship Tournament (2009-Present)
- President / Founder – Texas Express Basketball Club (1995-2007)
- President / Director – Southwestern AAU Girls Basketball (2002-2005)
- Co-President – USA Hoops / Texas Shooting Stars Basketball Club (2003-2005)
- President – Texas Shooting Stars Basketball Club (2001-2002)
- Board of Directors – Texas Shooting Stars Basketball Club (1997-1999)
Other Coaching Successes
- His clubs have produced over 200 players that have gone on to play Division I basketball and many players who have played junior college basketball, and 5 players made it to the WNBA. Two of his players, Stacy Stephens and Jalie Mitchell are head coaches at the college level.
- Successfully coached youth sports and high school basketball for 47 years with over 2000 victories.
- Coaching experience in several sports including girl’s basketball, boy’s basketball, boy’s soccer, girl’s soccer, boy’s baseball, and girl’s softball.